If you are the one who is listening the word Analytic for the first time, then it is the right time to know what exactly Analytic s means. Analytics means the systematic Computational and analysis of Data or statistics.
Analytics are the calculations based on your historical performance data computed by software which will be a computational based. Where as Analysis is the manual process you need to perform on your own to check various trends of the site statistics. To have a regular study to enhance your site Analytics, then you must know how to add your domain to Google Analytics.
There are many analytical tools available in the internet such as Alexa, Compete, Open Web Analytics, Clicky and Mint. But out of all the analytical tools the most enhancing free features available in Google Analytics. If you want to start your Analytics journey and continue observing your site stats on daily basis, then you must have the free source provided by Google Analytics.
If you are running a site using WordPress platform, then it is easy to install and configure the Google Analytics. This is just one step process by installing a plugin and configuring it with Analytics unique ID.
Google Analytics mainly focus on Improving performance across your sites, apps, and offline marketing. So do not think twice and have this feature configured with your site for better stats observance during your blogging journey. Most of the bloggers prefer Google Analytics because it is directly co-related with Organic traffic and hence by the prominent calculations of SEO strategies, Google Analytics gives you the better result of stats to observe.
Why to observe stats on daily basis?
Imagine that you have hosted a website and uploaded some good content with text, images and videos. All this information you are sharing because to reach few of the audience. But how would you calculate the statistics and views of the pages you have shared with good content. You have to take consideration of few things like Page Views, Page Rank, Back Links, Internal Links, Audience from different countries, Country wise visits, Number of pages and type of pages visited, Bounce rate on daily basis etc.,
And hence if you have to observe the above mentioned things you need a platform which gives you all that information at one place. And the platform is Google Analytics. Many professional site sources prefers pro Analytics (Paid Services) from Google , being a newbie and beginner for blogging you can use the basic services from Google Analytics. Below are the benefits you will get with basics free services from Analytics.
- Daily, Weekly and Monthly page views,
- Real time traffic and currently active visitors for your site
- Number of traffic sources from different countries
- Type of traffic sources, whether Organic, Referrer or Social Media.
- Mostly viewed pages and posts
- Adsense link and monitoring
- Link Webmasters and monitor
Above mentioned utilities are the basic things you can grab from Analytics. Advanced features like automated reports sending to your mail. Targeting audience and promoting your site from Analytics are the paid features you can use.
Suggested : How to add your to Google Webmasters
And again we are back to our topic that how to add How to add your domain to Google Analytics to check daily stats.?
How to add your domain to Google Analytics
If you are using the WordPress platform, then it is very easy to add your site to Google Analytics. You have to install the Google plugin named Analytics by Yoast, which helps you to add the unique Analytic ID and link your site to analytic s .
- Install Analytics by Yoast plugin and activate the plugin
- Login to you Google account and navigate the URL google.com/analytics
- Go to Admin Panel and click on Property – > then Create New Property
- Here you have to mention your Website or Mobile App details. As our topic related to add a website, let us discuss how to add the website.
- Provide your website name, admin name and URL details of your site. Give the type of your site. For example the website askmetip.com is a reference website then we have to select the category of the website as reference other wise if you are maintaining a social media site, you can select a social media or entertainment.
- No you are done creating your Analytics ID. You will get Google Analytics ID which looks like UA-12345678-2. Note this ID and get back to your Word Press Plugins.
Configure your Analytics by Yoast plugin.
- Go to plugins, select Analytics by Yoast Plugin and click on settings
- Go to General Tab, click on the button authenticate with google account
- Now after you authenticate your google account you will get a single line to be copied. Copy the code and get back to your Analytics settings.
- Paste the single line code in the field Google Code
- Click on the button ‘Save and authenticate Code’.
- Select the drop down and select your site name and URL in the field
- Check other options according to your requirement and click on save changes.
The custom dimensions tab:
If you want to track custom dimensions like page views per author or post type, you should upgrade to the premium version of Google Analytics by Yoast. This will also give you email access to the support team at Yoast, who will provide support on the plugin 24/7.
You may leave remaining tab settings in Yoast plugin as it is. Now you are all set to monitor your site statistics. Just visit your Analytics account regularly to check the trends in site visits and earnings as well.
It will not be tracked your Analytics instantly by Google Analytics. Typically it takes 24 hours time to track your statistics. Just visit after 24 hours you configure the Yoast plugin.
Next awesome tip for you: How to install and configure SEO by Yoast Plugin
This is How to add your domain to Google Analytics. If you have any other method to add your site to Analytics please comment your tip below. If you feel this tip is helpful then do not forget to share from your favorite media Facebook, Twitter and Google plus.